WSSB is proud to announce upcoming webinars on the Audio Graphing Calculator Software. Presenter is Sara Larkin, Iowa School for the Blind, Math Consultant for Statewide Vision Services. Clock Hours will be available.
The AGC provides the functionality of handheld scientific calculators commonly used in the classroom. Operating on a flexible Windows platform and augmented with audio and tactile feedback, the AGC provides an alternative for people who cannot effectively use a handheld calculator, or those seeking a more interactive interface.
The AGC is accessible to anyone who can use a computer, regardless of ability, allowing the user to concentrate on math, not on learning the tools to access it.
Registration Fee: August 13, 14, 15 - $25.00, One day - $10
You must attend session 1 & 2 or all three in order to receive the minimum of 3 hours of training for clock hours.
This three day training will be held as a webinar – on your local computer.
· Downloading and setting up the Audio Graphing Calculator
· Learning the basics of getting around
· Graphing functions
· Navigating tables and graphs
· Plotting individual points and scatterplots
· Performing regression analysis
· Calculating statistics
· Performing calculations with matrices
· What to look for in an app
· Basic, Scientific, and Graphing Calculators
· Apps to access the whiteboard, Mimio, Smartboard, and Promethean boards
· Apps that can be used for drawing pictures and writing math and science work
· Useful Math apps I've found
· Useful Science apps I've found